What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
Whether you’re off on an extended road trip or simply driving home to Huntington after a long work day, ATTENTION ASSIST® works to keep you safe. Learn how Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® works by reading on, and make sure to contact us today to schedule a test drive to experience all the Mercedes-Benz technology features for yourself at our dealership in Charleston.
How Does Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® Work?
Mercedes-Benz is once again leading the charge with an industry-first feature through ATTENTION ASSIST®. By using a precise algorithm and advanced sensor technology, the system can detect when drivers are becoming to drowsy or fatigued to be driving. The system works as follows:
- Over 70 parameters are used during the initial minutes of the drive, helping to assess your individual driving style.
- Throughout your commute, ATTENTION ASSIST® will monitor for specific corrections in steering that often indicate the beginning signs of driver fatigue.
- The system will then factor in external factors, such as road conditions, crosswinds, and how you are interacting with your vehicle’s controls, buttons, and more.
- If the system assesses all these factors and concludes that you are experiencing drowsiness or driver fatigue, it will sound an alert and suggest stopping for a break.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer ATTENTION ASSIST®?
Most new Mercedes-Benz models, including electric and plug-in hybrid options, offer ATTENTION ASSIST®, along with most other active safety features offered by Mercedes-Benz. Here are the models that Bridgeport drivers can find ATTENTION ASSIST® on:
- Cars: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
Explore More Mercedes-Benz Safety Features at Mercedes-Benz of Charleston
There are tons of great safety features available through Mercedes-Benz, such as, MAGIC BODY CONTROL®, PRESAFE® , and COMAND® infotainment display systems. Visit our dealership near Beckley to find a Mercedes-Benz model that has all the safety features you need.
More About Mercedes-Benz Technology
Mercedes-Benz vehicles are always at the forefront of advanced automotive technology. From Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® to Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC®, there are loads of premiere technology and safety features to talk about. One of the most groundbreaking features is Mercedes-Benz MAGIC BODY CONTROL®. This advanced system works to read the road in front of you and using that…
You don’t have to select a hybrid model to enjoy superior fuel efficiency in your Mercedes-Benz vehicle! Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC® technology has allowed this manufacturer’s diesel vehicles to keep pace with their most fuel-efficient cars, so if you’ve been waiting to check out the lineup at Mercedes-Benz of Charleston, today’s the perfect day to start exploring. Mercedes-Benz vans…
Whether you’re off on an extended road trip or simply driving home to Huntington after a long work day, ATTENTION ASSIST® works to keep you safe. Learn how Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® works by reading on, and make sure to contact us today to schedule a test drive to experience all the Mercedes-Benz technology features for…
2018 Mercedes-Benz GT S Coupe shown with options. Driving while drowsy or distracted is dangerous and must be avoided. ATTENTION ASSIST® may be insufficient to alert a fatigued or distracted driver of lane drift and cannot be relied on to avoid an accident or serious injury.