Fall Activities Near Charleston
Photo Credit: http://www.cooperfamilyfarms.net/
Autumn is a fantastic time to experience all that Charleston, WV has to offer. The weather is still warm, but the worst of the heat has broken. The leaves are bursting into a vibrant collage of colors around Beckley, and there is lots for the whole family to do both indoors and outdoors. Don’t miss out on some of these fun fall activities near Huntington.
What to Do This Fall
- HallowEast – The east end of Charleston goes all in for Halloween. There are three days of festivities featuring everything from costume contests, to outdoor movie screenings, to craft and vendor fairs. Whether you go in or out of costume this event always offers unique and unexpected fun. HallowEast activities run through Oct. 26th – Oct. 28th.
- Cooper Family Farms – The centerpiece of this family farm is a massive corn maze. You can have hours of giddy fun exploring the pathways, and kids especially love the challenge. The farm also features a pumpkin patch, campfire activities, and attractions for toddlers. Enjoy the farm’s activities through Oct. 29th.
- Hops & Heat – If you love great chili and craft beer, this event is tailor made for you. Over 20 breweries from throughout Appalachia are serving up creative brews, and over 10 different variations of chili are available to try. The fun is rounded out by live music, craft vendors, and live artisans. Join in on the fun of Hops & Heat on Oct 21st.
- Downtown ArtWalk – Downtown Charleston is home to numerous galleries, studios, and cultural hubs. They open their doors during this street festival to show off creative works from local and national artists. There are also street performers, food vendors, live musicians, and all kinds of artful experiences to enjoy. Enjoy this event on the third Thursday of every month.
- Captial City Art & Craft Show – Hundreds of artisans gather at the Charleston Civic Center to exhibit finished and in progress works. Every style imaginable is on display, and most works are priced affordably. There are also numerous food vendors on site and opportunities to sample delicious creations from local cooks. Enjoy the art from Nov. 17th – Nov. 19th.
Get Out and About This Autumn
If you live near Charleston, WV, make sure to visit the city sometime this fall or summer, and consider stopping by Mercedes-Benz of Charleston while you’re here. Learn a little about our accomplished history, and feel free to contact us for more information about the area, including where some of our best hiking trails are located!